Thursday, August 27, 2009

too easy roasted shrimp and orzo

i have i told you lately how much i love oven roasted shrimp? no, well allow me. i love it!!

recently i posted how this method of cooking taught me how to appreciate this shellfish, again. once you try it, you will ask yourself why would you boil, steam, grill or fry the little guy? guess what was for supper? bingo! i roasted a bag of thawed jumbo shrimp from trader joe's-400 degree oven, evoo, sea salt and course pepper, ten minutes and viola, dinner(well part of it). i also threw together some cooked orzo with rough chopped cucumbers, grape tomatoes, whole black olives and reduced fat feta. all from trader joe's, too(no wonder $40 flew out of my wallet). topped it all off with a quick, simple greek style dressing-evoo, red wine vinegar, spot of dijon mustard, sea salt, course pepper and dried oregano and viola, the rest of the dinner. it was really good, really tasty. i surprised myself. there is no real recipe to any of it, just wing it. enjoy.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I really need to try roasting them. The whole combination of flavors and textures makes my mouth water.

Jennifer said...

Damn it you have convinced me, I am not a huge fan of shrimp but I am going to brave it this weekend and roast some! Thanks for sharing!