Wednesday, July 22, 2009

lime jello cheesecake flop

don't make me mad, you won't like me when i'm mad....little hulk humor there....

ahhhh, this didn't go so well. it was suppose to be a lime jello cheesecake pudding that i found over at not quite nigella.( lorraine has a wonderful site, a great read, so poke around a bit) well, i am not really sure what went wrong. what i did wrong. the recipe produced a pale green fluff that tasted really delicious. it is sweet, limey, cheesy and pineappley(i know it's not a word). the addition of the crushed pineapple really gives it that extra ump. my problem? the consistency. it didn't set up like i was expecting. i wanted it to be scoopable, but it really didn't get firm or even slightly firm. i am thinking i used the wrong size box of jello, but to be honest, i didn't want to dumpster dive to check. i have made plenty of jello salads in the past, you know the cottage cheese and pineapple combos, but i am crushed(little pineapple humor now) that this one flopped. oh well.....life goes on.
we still ate it, of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Im sure it was good I love cheescake and lemon and lime so I know I would like any combo like that (pretty color doe)

Jennifer said...

Love your new site, it looks edible nad yummy to me!

lisa said...

i get it: green, hulk, lime

subtle.

i'd've eaten it, too. love lime!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh no, I wonder why it didn't work! I used a Jello packet that Barbara from Barbara Bakes sent me (it was her recipe originally) and it was really good. Perhaps you could take a peek at her recipe and see what may have gone wrong? I hope it wasn't in my adaption :(